Graffiti 360

In a world controlled by industry and the machine, this blog observes and critiques the world's true graffiti problem, which is advertising and marketing. From time to time, I'll also talk about art and interactive media. Or whatever else I feel like.

Monday, January 22, 2007

Gallery Idea

I had an idea for a sweet gallery to show any kind of art. Most galleries (well, most that I know) have an open format for viewing showings. After experiencing the "The Telephone" that I talked about below, I was thinking about how much I liked the fact that I had to walk down a corridor to get into the piece. So, what if there was a gallery that was like a giant maze, and down ever dead end, or in different cubby corners, there would be pieces of art. I think this maze format would have cause the viewer to interact more with the gallery and the pieces in it. I just think that corridors leading to art add a certain interactive element to viewing pieces. I would get excited to see what's next. I would think about what could be down the next corridor. When I normally walk into a gallery, I usually wander to the pieces of art that really catch my eye first, and sometimes I don't even go to the ones that don't really appeal to me at first sight. Going down a corridor would get me excited about every piece. Maybe I'll post a sketch of my idea.

Add to Technorati Favorites

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home