Graffiti 360

In a world controlled by industry and the machine, this blog observes and critiques the world's true graffiti problem, which is advertising and marketing. From time to time, I'll also talk about art and interactive media. Or whatever else I feel like.

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Chatty Cathy Geico Commercial

Loved this new spot from Geico that samples the old Chatty Cathy doll commercials from the 60's. I say I loved this spot because, well, I hate that stupid gecko. The cavemen are alright, but I just can't stand that gecko. I will say that the Geico gecko is probably one of the most identifiable characters on TV today and a huge success as far as marketing goes. I just can't stand him. I'm glad they're being creative again. If they keep doing Chatty Cathy spots though, I'll get really concerned. They're kinda creepy, but funny as hell. Check out the new commercial below and the old Chatty Cathy commercial.


You can check out a few of the "TRS - The Real Scoop" campaign below which was launched in September of this year -
Cabbage Patch Kid
Fred Flinstone
Beverly Hillbillies

Labels: , , , , ,

Add to Technorati Favorites

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home