Graffiti 360

In a world controlled by industry and the machine, this blog observes and critiques the world's true graffiti problem, which is advertising and marketing. From time to time, I'll also talk about art and interactive media. Or whatever else I feel like.

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Placing a Facebook ad...sucks

I went to buy some Facebook Ad Flyers yesterday and was enraged by the time I made my purchase. How hard could it be to make a little flyer, post and pay for it? Holy shnikies I was about ready to make my Mac into an expensive piece of kindling! The process appears simple, and it is, if you're a simple writer. I don't know how many times I had to re-write my body copy so that the stupid program would accept it. Someone needs to edit their code to accept simple grammatical substitutions. Either that, or give me a larger character limit! Facebook wouldn't allow me to use quotation marks, hyphens and backslashes. I was trying to write in so my audience would understand and I could stay under the character count, but Facebook wanted to be a dick about it. They're lucky it's cheap advertising, or I would've gone to MySpace... okay, called my bluff, but seriously. When I can't put the name of a movie in quotes or italics, then WTF? Douche Mongers over there... Click the thumbnail for a view of what it wouldn't let me write.

Labels: , , ,

Add to Technorati Favorites

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home