Graffiti 360

In a world controlled by industry and the machine, this blog observes and critiques the world's true graffiti problem, which is advertising and marketing. From time to time, I'll also talk about art and interactive media. Or whatever else I feel like.

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

HIV Trials Unit Campaign is Stomping & Hammering out AIDS

The last few weeks in Seattle I have seen a few ads on the Metro buses for the Seattle HIV Vaccine Trials Unit. You can see the other 2 ads below. The work was done pro-bono by FCB Seattle and I think they did a really nice job. The print says,

"Take action. Join a paid study.
You can't get HIV by participating,
but you can help end the disease."

I think the images are strong and get to the point. If we work together, we can stop HIV. If only stopping HIV was as easy as taking a hammer to the little bugger viruses. I wish the bottle with the copy on it would have been placed better though. It took me awhile to find it cause the transit banners were split with the bottle on the right so it looked like it wasn't attached unlike in the example given. The ad is kind of a cliff hanger without the text. I was wondering why there was just this image of a hammer getting ready to take out this giant HIV. I was thinking it was some public service ad telling people we need to stop the spread of HIV. Cool, but that would be a no brainer. Luckily I saw the bottle and it let me know how I could be one of those people hammering out HIV.
Needless to say, I think this HIV campaign was done in much better taste than this one. Even though one is for awareness and one is for a clinical research study, the subject matter was presented in far more powerful and pleasant manner.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

Add to Technorati Favorites

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home