Graffiti 360

In a world controlled by industry and the machine, this blog observes and critiques the world's true graffiti problem, which is advertising and marketing. From time to time, I'll also talk about art and interactive media. Or whatever else I feel like.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Skateable Art - Interactive Art?

I was thinking about what is interactive art that isn't supposed to be and I thought about skateable art. It's art, it's skateable, it's interactive! I think all art can be interactive to a degree, but not all art is hands on or physical. Being a skater myself, I'm all about skating obstacles, and if there is a piece of art that is a skateable obstacle, I'll try to skate it. I think it's a different way of looking at a piece of art when you skate it. Everyone interprets art differently and not everyone understands exactly what the artist wants their audience to experience. There are no real directions for interpreting art (most of the time). There are no rules that you have to follow, so why can't someone interpret a piece of art as an object to express themselves on? Here are some pictures of examples of what I think is some skateable art -

Add to Technorati Favorites

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home