Graffiti 360

In a world controlled by industry and the machine, this blog observes and critiques the world's true graffiti problem, which is advertising and marketing. From time to time, I'll also talk about art and interactive media. Or whatever else I feel like.

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Choose Your Own Adventure Books


We had the assignment of reading a choose your own adventure book over the weekend. We had to read it three times. Not as exciting as I had hoped. I read Escape by R.A. Montgomery. The book was in the first person, so, "I" was a leader of a spy mission in the year 2035, and I had to escape from behind enemy lines with 3 other people. The first time I read it, I was out of food in these mountains in enemy territory, and I was about to die. But, in two sentences, I was rescued and the story was over. The story took me about ten minutes to read. The second time through a similar ending occurred. I was saved in the last two sentences I read. I tried to make a few bad decisions, but no matter what I chose, I always made it out. The books were fun though, and they were interactive because I was participating in creating the story. The story couldn't finish without my help. The ending couldn't happen unless I chose how it happened.

Add to Technorati Favorites

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home