Graffiti 360

In a world controlled by industry and the machine, this blog observes and critiques the world's true graffiti problem, which is advertising and marketing. From time to time, I'll also talk about art and interactive media. Or whatever else I feel like.

Friday, March 16, 2007

Thrift Store Distribution

I'm gonna do this. I swear I will. What would be the easiest way to publicise your message through different people? The thrift store. My plan?-create a bunch of t-shirts with a message that I want all over town. I can just spray paint a stencil onto a bunch of cheap t-shirts and then donate them (or place them on the racks in thrift stores. Everyone needs shirts, and people who shop at thrift stores I think generally don't care what their clothes look like, so they'll ignore the message to a degree and wear the shirt around town. Or, if they're like me, they'll look for shirts with sweet messages on them. Either way, my shirt gets distributed all around town. I figure if I make enough shirts, over time, I'll see someone wear one. Everyone who wears my shirt will be interacting with my art and they interact with others and maybe those others will ask what it's about-more interaction. I don't know. Looked better in my imagination.

Add to Technorati Favorites

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home